Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klema33 klema33 is offline

Default Merge returns a zero instead of the 9 digit zip code from Excel li

Excel 2003 list contained 5 digit and 9 digit zip codes and when merged into
Word 2003 to do labels, a zero populated that field where the 9 digit code
should have been. To get it to work, I had to manually format each cell that
contained the 9 digit zip code. I tried several different formats but wasn't
about to retype 513 records. Is there any other way to solve this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the Zip Code section of "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow
MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.