Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jbjoplin jbjoplin is offline

Default userforms/templates/bookmarks/merge problems

I am currently tasked with creating a report template with a form to fill out
which then populates the document with the necessary information. I have
tried multiple suggestions I found on the internet and the MVP site, but
nothing seems to work. Should I make a form in Excel and then somehow link
it to a template and if so, how? In the form, there will be over a dozen
entries, with some needing to be selected from drop-down lists, populating a
60-page document (some entries will be one word, some paragraphs, and some
in-between). Presently I am trying to develop a template from an existing
document, bookmarking locations for information, then creating a userform
(problem area) to populate the document. I have never used Visual Basic
before and think that may be my hang-up.

I have a form for input of data; I need to populate the document with that
data. Don't know if I should use merge, ask, ref, bookmarks, or what, or if
form needs to be part of template. If so, or if not, I don't know if I need
a macro to run it when template is opened, or to add info to document.

I am using Word 2000 SP-3.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

and the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"jbjoplin" wrote in message
[...]

userforms/templates/bookmarks problems jbjoplin Microsoft Word Help 0 October 21st 09 07:20 PM
UserForms Pepper New Users 3 October 18th 08 09:49 AM
UserForms Archie New Users 1 August 7th 08 07:43 AM
Bookmarks in Headers for Report Form Templates - is it possable? Porboy423 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 4th 06 10:55 AM
format picture bookmarks within templates iwsifina Microsoft Word Help 1 September 25th 05 06:57 AM