Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
terlc terlc is offline

Default Use different templates in 1 merge

I am looking to use different templates for one merge doc. Access is the
data source and one field will store the template file to be used. I
understand this will probably require using Visual Basic and processing from
within Access which is fine. I am really only looking for confirmation that
it is most definitely possible or not. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi terlc,

Is there a field in your Access db which will tell your mailmerge main document which block(s) of text to insert? If so, you could
probably do the lot with field coding. Might be a bit tricky in places, but definitely do-able.

--
Cheers
macropod

"terlc" wrote in message ...
I am looking to use different templates for one merge doc. Access is the
data source and one field will store the template file to be used. I
understand this will probably require using Visual Basic and processing from
within Access which is fine. I am really only looking for confirmation that
it is most definitely possible or not. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
terlc terlc is offline

Thanks for replying and yes there are several fields with varying data
depending on the template to be used. Some of the templates are drastically
different than others and thats really the issue I think. Don't know if it
is possible to swap templates in and out to the main document while looping
the data and creating the merge. This one has really got my brain in a knot.
It's hard to conceptualize, almost like a 2D or 3D type of document. One
merge document with several different templates used.

.