Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
punitarekar punitarekar is offline

Default Find and Replace

I have a database which has information about a person. One of the field is
contact number which is like 123.456.7890
I want to change that contact number to 123-456-7890.
I cant use find and replace function to find a "." and replace it with "-" as
some other fields like email id can have "." in them and I want to replace ".
" between contact numbers only.

eg

Punit Arekar MBA Mumbai India 123.456.7890

I want to change it to

Punit Arekar
MBA Mumbai India 123-456-7890

Can somebody help in this case?
Thanx ...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the wildcard option set
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm Replace
([0-9]{3}).([0-9]{3}).([0-0]{4})
with
\1-\2-\3

punitarekar wrote:
I have a database which has information about a person. One of the
field is contact number which is like 123.456.7890
I want to change that contact number to 123-456-7890.
I cant use find and replace function to find a "." and replace it
with "-" as some other fields like email id can have "." in them and
I want to replace ". " between contact numbers only.

eg

Punit Arekar MBA Mumbai India 123.456.7890

I want to change it to

Punit Arekar
MBA Mumbai India 123-456-7890

Can somebody help in this case?
Thanx ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Oops - that should be
([0-9]{3}).([0-9]{3}).([0-9]{4})

punitarekar wrote:
I have a database which has information about a person. One of the
field is contact number which is like 123.456.7890
I want to change that contact number to 123-456-7890.
I cant use find and replace function to find a "." and replace it
with "-" as some other fields like email id can have "." in them and
I want to replace ". " between contact numbers only.

eg

Punit Arekar MBA Mumbai India 123.456.7890

I want to change it to

Punit Arekar
MBA Mumbai India 123-456-7890

Can somebody help in this case?
Thanx ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
punitarekar via OfficeKB.com punitarekar via OfficeKB.com is offline

Thanx that helped ...

Graham Mayor wrote:
Oops - that should be

With the wildcard option set