Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Underlining figures in tables

In the past, whenever a document has had columns of dollar amounts and
totals, I've always placed a narrow-width column between each regular column
so that when underlining the cells above the "Total," in each column, it
would not appear as one straight line spanning several columns.

However, I've just taken over a long document from someone else who has
underlined the last items in the columns before the totals--and the lines do
not extend all across the column; in other words, they look like mine, but
without all the trouble I've gone through!

Please tell me there's an easier way than what I've been doing.

Thanks again!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, you can of course use Underline formatting (adding spaces as required
to make the line longer). Or you can add a bottom border to the paragraph
rather than the cell, adjusting the left and right paragraph indents as
needed. The latter is more attractive but very fiddly.

http://word.mvps.org

"Island Girl" wrote in message
In the past, whenever a document has had columns of dollar amounts and
totals, I've always placed a narrow-width column between each regular
column
so that when underlining the cells above the "Total," in each column, it
would not appear as one straight line spanning several columns.

However, I've just taken over a long document from someone else who has
underlined the last items in the columns before the totals--and the lines
do
not extend all across the column; in other words, they look like mine, but
without all the trouble I've gone through!

Please tell me there's an easier way than what I've been doing.

Thanks again!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Format, Font, underline, Words. Ctrl+Shft+W

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP