Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
novice novice is offline

Default re-installing Word 2007

Shortly after I upgraded to Word 2007, I began to get strange error messages,
slow responses, and odd fonts on messages or documents received. Several of
these problems are discussed in your posts, but I also have the option of
uninstalling and starting over.

My big concern is whether my Outlook messages and contacts would survive
this uninstalling and reinstalling.

In case it's important, the problems started after Office 2007 spontaneously
began to install itself again, even though the disk was not in the drive.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Uninstalling and re-installing will not affect your data, nor will it affect
the issues that are at the root of your problems as it will not affect user
settings either. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.