Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FDW FDW is offline

Default Office 2003 to Vista and Office 7

I have documents in word and excel in office 2003. If I email them to myself
and open them at home on a new comptuter with Vista, will they adapt to that
format? Also, when I get Windows 7, will they work?
--
FDW

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

Neither Windows Vista nor Windows 7 can open Word or Excel files. You'll
have to install Microsoft Office or a similar suite of Office-type programs,
like Corel Office or OpenOffice. Any of those can open Word 2003 and Excel
2003 files.

Daddy

"FDW" wrote in message
I have documents in word and excel in office 2003. If I email them to
myself
and open them at home on a new comptuter with Vista, will they adapt to
that
format? Also, when I get Windows 7, will they work?
--
FDW

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

The O/S will have nothing to do with it. You must have the Office programs
installed for them to open.
"FDW" wrote in message
:I have documents in word and excel in office 2003. If I email them to
myself
: and open them at home on a new comptuter with Vista, will they adapt to
that
: format? Also, when I get Windows 7, will they work?
: --
: FDW