Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Image missing in password protected read-only doc

I created a Word 2007 .docm file using "General Options" to require a password
to open the document. This was created using Office 2007 Windows XP Pro SP3
32bit.

I subsequently installed Windows 7 on this machine, and re-installed Office
2007. When I open this document in Word, if I select "read-only", in place of
the image (there is only one) is and error message with a red x in the corner:

"The image cannot be displayed. Your computer may not have enough memory to
open the image, or the image may have been corrupted. Restart your computer,
and then open the file again. If the red x still appears, you may have to
delete the image and then insert it again."

However, if I open the document, but instead of choosing "read-only", enter the
password to allow modification, the image displays properly.

What is going on?

How can I get the image to display properly in read-only mode?

Thanks.
--ron