Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
gtennant gtennant is offline

Default Header different when printed than when viewed

I have my Normal.dot set up such that there is no header on page 1, and
"Tennant" justified right on each subsequent page. Thus it appears in print
layout view. However, when I print the doc a) the header page 2 and beyond
is "George Tennant", and further, when I look again (having not closed out
the doc) at the print layout view, it now says "George Tennant". All remain
right justified.

I initially thought that it was perhaps drawing the full name "George
Tennant" from the document properties "Author" block, so I changed that to be
"Tennant" only. No help.

Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of field codes and see if there is a
field construction that is displaying the name. I suspect that it may be a
{ USERNAME } field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.