Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Set default path for doc compare?

This might apply to other Word tasks, but right now I need to compare pairs
of documents in different folders. The path has 7 nodes on a network drive,
and the default is to show "My Documents", so it wastes time to keep
specifying the path. Every so often the system seems to remember the path
that I need (don't know why this would be intermittent), but how do I set it
as a default?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Addendum to my note: I used ToolsOptions and set the default file path to
what I need. What I'd like would be a temporary or task-specific way to do it,
if there's a way.

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN