Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen White Stephen White is offline

Default Printing a document having pictues without the pictures

I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and
pictures. The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture
files.

Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with
or without some text representing the link)?

--
Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing
Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word 2000).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Stephen White" wrote in message

I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and pictures.
The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture files.

Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with or
without some text representing the link)?

--
Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But that assumes that the pictures are in the drawing layer. Inline pictures
would still print. One possibility would be to toggle the field codes of
just the linked pictures (I'm not sure whether updating fields on printing
would toggle them back or not, or how the "field codes" setting in Print
Options would affect this).

http://word.mvps.org

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing
Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word
2000).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Stephen White" wrote in message

I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and pictures.
The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture files.

Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with or
without some text representing the link)?

--
Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen White Stephen White is offline

Thanks. I tried this originally without effect, but have had another
look at it. Help says this applies only to objects drawn with the
Drawing toolbar (so does not apply to inserted pictures) but including
field codes will do the trick, although it does mean you get all the
field codes, e.g. for page numbering, as well. Still this is good
enough for my needs.

In article , Terry Farrell
writes
If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing
Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word
2000).

--
Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It applies to floating pictures but not those inserted In Line - see
Suzanne's reply.

Terry

"Stephen White" wrote in message

Thanks. I tried this originally without effect, but have had another look
at it. Help says this applies only to objects drawn with the Drawing
toolbar (so does not apply to inserted pictures) but including field codes
will do the trick, although it does mean you get all the field codes, e.g.
for page numbering, as well. Still this is good enough for my needs.

In article , Terry Farrell
writes
If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing
Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word
2000).

--
Stephen White )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, don't toggle all the field codes (and don't check "Show field codes" in
Print Options), just use Shift+F9 to toggle the ones for the pictures
specifically. You might then use Ctrl+F11 to lock those fields, to prevent
them from updating (though I don't know whether that would make the field
codes print instead of the picture or not).

http://word.mvps.org