Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jo Foster Jo Foster is offline

Default cannot change line spacing

in word 2003
sometimes when I copy and paste small bits of text from elsewhere, choosing
text only, it appears double spaced, and no matter what i try, i cannot
change it to single spaced. what am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If the Line Spacing is correct, verify that the Spacing Before and After
(Format | Paragraph) is set to zero (or whatever you prefer).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jo Foster" wrote in message
in word 2003
sometimes when I copy and paste small bits of text from elsewhere,
choosing
text only, it appears double spaced, and no matter what i try, i cannot
change it to single spaced. what am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:30:02 -0800, Jo Foster
wrote:

in word 2003
sometimes when I copy and paste small bits of text from elsewhere, choosing
text only, it appears double spaced, and no matter what i try, i cannot
change it to single spaced. what am I doing wrong?

Format paragraph Indents & Spacing tab Spacing
Set Before and After to 0, it's at "auto" now.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf sf is offline

wrote:

in word 2003
sometimes when I copy and paste small bits of text from elsewhere, choosing
text only, it appears double spaced, and no matter what i try, i cannot
change it to single spaced. what am I doing wrong?

Format paragraph Indents & Spacing tab Spacing
Set Before and After to 0, it's at "auto" now.

I should have asked if you want all that HTML formatting?

Edit Paste Special Unformatted Text
or
Highlight text and select "clear formatting" on your toolbar