Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Henry Stock[_3_] Henry Stock[_3_] is offline

Default A couple of questions regarding Word 2007

I am having trouble making the transition from Word 2003 to Word 2007
because I can find all of the features I used to use in Word 2003 and I
was wondering if there is a guide anywhere online to help me make that
transition.

For instance, I want to modify the document properties, like author and
company, and keywords, but I cannot find document properties on any of
the ribbons that I can see. Perhaps I am overlooking something.

I also want to show all stuff associated with editing... tabs, space,
paragraph marks, ... everything. I can only find the show paragraph
symbols.

Right now I am experiencing an abnormality when attempting to insert a
text box. I start the procedure on a page way down the document, say
page 20, but when I choose the text box, and choose the simple text box,
the postion changes back to the beginning of the document for some
reason that I can't not explain.. I have no idea what the heck is going
on. I have not had this particular problem before using Word 2007. Can
someone please help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In general, see the following:

Command reference:
Downloadable:
Online:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033
Search commands:
http://www.officelabs.com:80/project...s/default.aspx
Get Started Tab add-in for Word 2007:

Find document properties at Office Button | Prepare | Properties | Document
Properties | Advanced Properties... Find that pretty inconvenient? To make
it worse, you can't right-click and choose "Add to Quick Access Toolbar,"
but you can add a button for Advanced Properties to the QAT through
Customize.

The Show/Hide ¶ button on the Home toolbar should toggle display of all
formatting marks, but you can fine-tune the display at Office Button | Word
Options | Display.

When you insert a text box, it will be anchored to the paragraph where the
insertion point is located. Does that help explain what you're seeing?

http://word.mvps.org

"Henry Stock" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Henry Stock[_3_] Henry Stock[_3_] is offline

Thanks for that help.

Another thing that I am puzzled about is the relation of the find
command to objects inside of text boxes. I am trying to locate key
phrases, some of which I know are located inside of existing text boxes
and some not.

It appears to me that anything inside the text boxes is invisible to the
standard find command. I believe this because I copied the exact phrase
from inside my first text box then went to the very beginning of the
document and tried to find that phrase. The first time that word
stopped on that phrase was 20 pages past the text box from which I had
copied the text.

As far as I am concerned this is not helpful behavior. I could care
less where the text is located. If it is in the document then I want to
see it and in order of appearance.