Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob[_8_] Bob[_8_] is offline

Default Colors And Shading Changed: How To Get Back To What It Was ?

Hello,

Using WORD 2007, and Windows7.

Guess I should have left well enough alone.

Anyway, there are so many options in Windows7 to "personalize" colors
and such, and all the different Themes, I played with them a bit, and
now my WORD is coming up "funny".

Can't seem to get it back to what it was.

a. There is the normal white area for a new document, where one does
his typing. The area around this "typing area" is grey.
Is this what it should be ?
Is it changeable ?

b.The very top of the WORD page, right above the Ribbon:
The upper-left icon is black.
It used to be colored (I think)
How do I get it back ?

c. Also, the area at the very top that shows HOME - INSERT - PAGE
LAYOUT, etc. is a simple black on white.
It used to be colored also.
How to get back ?

Is there some Default button to use that gets things back to a Default
state, perhaps ? Or,... ?

Much thanks,
Appreciate the help.

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think all of these are related to a single setting. It sounds like
you chose the "High Contrast White" theme -- although that should
affect all programs, not just Word.

Right-click the Windows desktop and choose Personalize. Then choose
one of the Aero themes (if your video card supports Aero) or the Basic
or Classic theme. The next time you get an urge to play with these
settings, first save your current theme in the My Themes section by
clicking the Save Theme link; if you get into an odd state, you can
then revert with one click.

In addition to this, Word has its own set of three color schemes:
Blue, Silver, and Black. They're on a dropdown in the Popular section
of the Word Options dialog.

The area on the sides of the Word window are normally grey, and there
is no option in Word to change that. The "High Contrast Black" theme
will make it black, but that's the only change I've ever seen there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman