Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CSpoke CSpoke is offline

Default Where are built-in macro keystrokes?

I have found the Macros box with the list of Macro Names. Now, how do I find
the actual keystrokes to use these macros? (As usual, the idiotic Help
feature is no help at all.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can run the macros from the Macros dialog - ALT+F8. but for those you
wish to use regularly, you can apply to a toolbar button or keyboard
shortcut. Some macros are event driven.
See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"CSpoke" wrote in message
I have found the Macros box with the list of Macro Names. Now, how do I
find
the actual keystrokes to use these macros? (As usual, the idiotic Help
feature is no help at all.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If a keyboard shortcut is assigned, you can find it by selecting a given
macro in the Customize Keyboard dialog and looking at the "Current keys"
box. Since you haven't mentioned what version of Word you are using, I can't
tell you how exactly how to reach that dialog, but it can be accessed from
the Customize dialog in all versions.

http://word.mvps.org

"CSpoke" wrote in message
I have found the Macros box with the list of Macro Names. Now, how do I
find
the actual keystrokes to use these macros? (As usual, the idiotic Help
feature is no help at all.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If CSpoke created the macros, then I suspect that there aren't any
keyboard shortcuts assigned yet. Although the macro recording dialog
has a button for making an assignment, I don't know of anyone who uses
it.

To assign a shortcut to an existing macro, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm
for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"CSpoke" wrote in message
I have found the Macros box with the list of Macro Names. Now, how do I
find
the actual keystrokes to use these macros? (As usual, the idiotic Help
feature is no help at all.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

Be careful when assigning macros because you are allowed to assign
keystrokes that are currently in use, ie you can assign [Ctrl][c] to a
macro, but then you could not use that keystroke to copy any longer.

Also note that there are no default macros, so it would be impossible
for Microsoft to include them in Word's Help system.