Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aris Meneshian Aris Meneshian is offline

Default Table of Contents

When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How can I
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold function.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to modify the TOC styles, which you should be able to do by
modifying any one of the entries at a given level, since the styles are set
to update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in message
When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How can I
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold
function.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aris Meneshian Aris Meneshian is offline

I look at the styles and format. It shows "TOC1+after: 0 pt." I don't know
what to make of it. In the list of styles, this is the only item that refers
to TOC. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to modify the TOC styles, which you should be able to do by
modifying any one of the entries at a given level, since the styles are set
to update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in message
When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How can I
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold
function.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The entry suggests that direct paragraph formatting has been applied to the
table of contents. Select the TOC, and press Ctrl+Q to clear the direct
formatting. Then press F9 to update the TOC. You should now be able to
modify the relevant TOC styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to modify the TOC styles, which you should be able to do by
modifying any one of the entries at a given level, since the styles are
set
to update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in
message
When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How can
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold
function.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aris Meneshian Aris Meneshian is offline

Stefan,
Thanks for you suggestion. I tried it and then tried to change the spacing,
but single space was already selected. I went into paragraph formatting, but
there was nothing I could figure out which may be causing the problem. I am
not well versed in formating. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to modify the TOC styles, which you should be able to do by
modifying any one of the entries at a given level, since the styles are
set
to update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in
message
When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How can
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold
function.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"After: 0 pt" refers to *paragraph* spacing. Make sure that the values for
"Spacing After" *and* "Spacing Before" are set to what you want in the
Paragraph dialog box.

If you carefully select *one* entry at level 1 in the TOC and apply the
desired spacing, the setting should be transferred to the style, because the
TOC styles are set to automatically update.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You need to modify the TOC styles, which you should be able to do by
modifying any one of the entries at a given level, since the styles
are
set
to update automatically.

http://word.mvps.org

"Aris Meneshian" wrote in
message
When I print the table of contents, it prints in double spaced. How
can
change it to single spaced? It also comes up in bold, any reason? I
can
change it to normal by selecting the table and turning off the bold
function.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aris Meneshian Aris Meneshian is offline

Thank you again Stefan,

Your instructions worked like a charm. I changed both "Spacing After" and
"Spacing Before" to "0" and right away the spacing of the table of contests
changed to single space. Thanks again.

Aris Meneshian