Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pjs pjs is offline

Default Link to bookmark in another dcument? page in a pdf?

(Using Word 2003 running on Windows XP)

We are trying to move from a paper system for fact checking to an electronic
one. I know how to insert links into a Word document that point to other
files.

Is it possible to insert a link that takes you to a specific bookmark in a
Word document? When linking to a PDF, is it possible to link to a particular
page or comment or some other identifier in that PDF?

Many thanks,

pjs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

To link to a specific bookmark in another Word document, use the # followed
by the bookmark name. So for example theotherdocument.doc#mybookmark

Linking to pages in a pdf is tricky. There are a few special cases where you
could use things like "theotherfile.pdf#page=5" but in general you can't
assume that will work. You are better of to use named destinations in your
pdf to link to. They act in a similar fashion as bookmarks in Word.

Yves

Link to Bookmark Todd Heiks New Users 0 February 25th 10 05:10 PM
Link to Word 2007 bookmark from HTM Nick Microsoft Word Help 2 September 9th 09 07:03 PM
Link to Word 2007 bookmark from IE Nick Microsoft Word Help 0 September 1st 09 02:09 PM
How to get a link to a bookmark to display the text at the top? WGS Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 08 11:24 AM
Bookmark/Link? Alex Martinez New Users 1 October 11th 05 02:36 PM