Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stew_Man Stew_Man is offline

Default How to keep the original format of copied text

When I copy text in MS Word 2003 it arrives at the new location with an extra
(empty) line at the end. When I try to delete this line it causes the just
moved text to revert to the defalult text of the current document.

FOR EXAMPLE: I copy a paragraph that is Arial 10pt into a document that is
Arial 12pt. The copy brings an extra line at the end. When I try to delete
that extra line it causes the just pasted text to change to Arial
12pt......my problem is that I want to keep the original format.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Taylor Taylor is offline

when you paste text in a word document from a different file, at the bottom
of the text, there should be a smart tag that only shows up when you hover
over it, if you select it you have a choice of keeping the formatting or
changing it.