Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kathy Knecht Kathy  Knecht is offline

Default Page margin and header

Hello,

It appears that some sort of global setting is in place (that I never set
up) that is messing up my margins. When I set a one inch margin all around a
page, the margins show us much less than one inch. So to try and fix this, I
set the margins as .3", which turns out closer to one inch, but then the
header in the right corner is too far to the right and I don't know how to
move it to the left. Please help. I have Word 2008 for Mac, version 12.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.mac.office.word
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Kathy;

I'm not clear on the situation you're describing. Exactly where do "the
margins show us much less than one inch"? What View are you working in?

Although I understand how changing the margins to .3" would cause the
Header/Footer content to go closer to the edge of the page I can't see how
reducing the margins by more than 2/3 can result in a wider margin that
"turns out closer to one inch". If you can provide a clearer picture it
shouldn't be much of a problem to resolve.

Also, please indicate your exact update level of both Office & OS X.

BTW: You've posted to one of the groups for PC Word. In the future it would
be in your best interest to use the UseNet web services (such as Google
Groups, MacRumors, MacFixIt among others), a newsreader directly accessing
the microsoft.public.mac.office.[program name] newsgroups or the Office
Forums by way of the Mactopia web site:

http://www.officeformac.com/productforums/

Regards |:)
Bob Jones