Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ianb Ianb is offline

Default Linked images in Word Doc lose formatting when using Content Types

Hi

I'm not sure if this is a Word issue or a MOSS issue but I think I'm posting
in the right place.

I have a MS Word template in a library in a MOSS site. I access the template
from another site in the MOSS collection using Content Types. This works
fine.

Recently I thought would put some GIF files in a folder in a library and
link these into the template so that they appear in the content but aren't
embedded. This all works fine within the template but when I create the file
using the Content Type the images appear smaller and the aspect ratio is
different. I can't seem to do anything to keep the files in the original
format

Can anyone help

Thanks.

IanB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What happens if you use FileNew in Word and select the template (you may
need to put a copy of the template in the Word Templates folder and modify
the links)?

Are the images then as you would expect them? If so, it would appear to be
a MOSS issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Ianb" wrote in message
BTW I'm using Office 2003 SP2

"Ianb" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What happens if you use FileNew in Word and select the template (you may
need to put a copy of the template in the Word Templates folder and modify
the links)?

Are the images then as you would expect them? If so, it would appear to be
a MOSS issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.