Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
chieflx chieflx is offline

Default captions

Hello,

I am trying to add a caption to four images so that I get Fig 1(a) 1(b) and
so forth. in order to line up my images I have created a table and put each
image in a separate cell and want one caption which is under all four
pictures. If I use insert caption it only place a caption under one picture.
Is it possible to select multiple images and insert a caption underneath
automatically or do I need to be a bit more creative? any help would be
greatly received and appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Add an extra row to the table and merge the four cells in that row, set the
paragraph alignment so that it is centered and then insert the caption into
that cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.