Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrd0g mrd0g is offline

Default Lock Langauge in Word

Hi guys,

I want to set up Word so that it ONLY works in UK English. UK English ONLY.

This means that when a document is opened in any language Word sets the
langauge to be UK English only always without fail regardless of the original
langauge.

I would like this process to be invisible and set up one time for the client
machine. So far I can see no way of acheiveing this.

Can any body help me?

Many thanks,

mrd0g
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Change the language for the Normal style of your document. This setting will be
preserved as others open the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mrd0g" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I want to set up Word so that it ONLY works in UK English. UK English ONLY.

This means that when a document is opened in any language Word sets the
langauge to be UK English only always without fail regardless of the original
langauge.

I would like this process to be invisible and set up one time for the client
machine. So far I can see no way of acheiveing this.

Can any body help me?

Many thanks,

mrd0g

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The default language is largely determined by the Windows Regional settings.
It is not possible to have Word (a multi-language application) ignore all
languages except UK English. If you set the language as UK English in Word
regional settings, and in Word uncheck the language option to automatically
detect the language, then Word will continue to use UK English as the input
language. If however you paste formatted text e.g. from the internet, then
that text is likley to be formatted in US English.