Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dani Dani is offline

Default list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte

word 2007

First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the
caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no
known issues like what I'm about to describe.

My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a
list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are
made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I
test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and
begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses several again. I started
over with a clean document, created new image files from screen shots in
Paint in case there were problems with the image files. Nothing works. I
tested each caption for each figure and table after I inserted each. Then I
tested the lists after each image file was inserted. The problems only began
once I inserted a table. The list of figures loses several when I insert a
table (not the caption, just the table).

I hope someone has some insight into this. It was due to the writer two days
ago and I'm about to create a manual list of figures and tables just so he
can meet his deadline. However, there may be more edits, so that's a terrible
solution.

many thanks!