Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dani Dani is offline

Default list of figures and tables -- several go missing when tables inser

First, this is not a problem with assigning a caption to a picture or not
having a picture in line with text or any of the known issues I have read on
this and other sites. I've diligently checked style formatting and even
started with a new list of figures and list of tables and tested each update
after inserting each caption and then each image file. The 16 figures and 12
tables in my list of figures/tables all showed after I added all captions.
Next, I inserted (& tested) each figure after I added them. So far, so good.
Then I added tables captions (it worked). However, once I began inserting
tables, the list of figures started losing some of its figures. I thought
perhaps the image files were corrupt, so I took screen shots of each and made
files in Paint. I did that for both the figures and tables just to be safe.
The problem begins when I insert the tables. It's a simple document with
little formatting (only Heading 1 and Heading 2, emphasis, caption, normal,
and the TOC and lists of figures/tables). I made sure that the style is
"normal" for each picture.

Anyone know what may be going on?

Many thanks!