Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hazel Luskin Hazel Luskin is offline

Default Cursor appears above top margin

In Word 2003 SP3 when a new document is opened the cursor appears at the very
top of the page, above the top margin. I've checked the page layout and it is
correct - Top margin 2.54cm - but the odd thing is that if I "View - Headers
& Footers" the cursor now jumps to its correct place. Is there a way to
prevent this from happening as the machine in question is used for teaching
absolute beginners who are confused by this odd behaviour.

Regards
Hazel Luskin