ocdsupport

Default Help Assistant not working in Word

I have a user with a problem using Word Help.

They are logged onto a local network as a Domain User with no special
permissions using a Windows XP workstation with SP2 and have Office 97 on the
workstation.

Help works okay in Excel, Access and Powerpoint.

When the user clicks on Help, instead of getting the normal window (help
assistant)where they can type a question, they receive a message stating that
"Help assistant is not available and to Run Set up again to install".
I have ran set up a few times and included the option to install everything
and still Help assistant is not available.

I have tried to uninstall Office 97 to carry out a clean install but i am
unable to uninstall Office even though i have the Office 97 Cd. I received an
error message "Failed to Unregister .SRG file" Error When Uninstalling
Office.
I have checked MS Support KB 217584 and tried these solutions but still
cannot uninstall.

Can anyone assist with this problem

Regards

JKelly

Sam Rios Sam Rios is offline
Banned

Help assistant not working in word, Local network are giving you more https://www.easy-essay.org/term-paper/ instructions, Sometimes it is maybe in your working style, If you share your working style perfectly where you take this local network and start to do some work on it.