NoGreaterJoy3

Default Need a music symbol for a flat

I'm typing chord sheets for praise songs. I need the music symbol for a flat
(as opposed to a sharp). Does microsoft have a symbol for a flat?

Thank you.
CyberTaz

Not specifically MS, but Unicode does... at least if using Word 2003. Type
266d followed immediately by Alt+X to get ™* . You might want to explore
InsertSymbol, leave the font as (normal text) & choose Miscellaneous
Dingbats from the subset list, where you'll also find natural & sharp as well
as a few others. For more you will probably need a music font.

HTH |:)

"NoGreaterJoy3" wrote:

I'm typing chord sheets for praise songs. I need the music symbol for a flat
(as opposed to a sharp). Does microsoft have a symbol for a flat?

Thank you.

CyberTaz

Absolutely right... I inadvertently scrolled the list without realizing it
_after_ locating the character. At least I got the code right - and I'm even
more astounded that I still recognize the symbols for sharps, flats &
naturals!

Regards |:)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not in the standard fonts ("(normal text)"), but you can find one in the
"large" Unicode fonts (such as Arial Unicode MS) at 266D as well as in
specialized music fonts.

"NoGreaterJoy3" wrote in message
I'm typing chord sheets for praise songs. I need the music symbol for a

flat
(as opposed to a sharp). Does microsoft have a symbol for a flat?

Thank you.

lolapaluuza lolapaluuza is offline
Banned

Wow, that’s cool what you do! Although it seems to me that this can only be downloaded separately and installed. By the way, there is a fairly easy instruction. This is in the symbol panel itself. Good luck!