Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PEVA

Default New section header 'Same as Previous' - can default be changed

Can the default for new section headers and footers be changed to be *not*
'Same as previous'? (I know how to turn 'Same as Previous' off once the
section is created - how do I change the default for newly created sections?)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You could use a macro to insert the Section Break and turn off the "Same as
Previous" for all headers and footers in the new section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PEVA" wrote in message
news
Can the default for new section headers and footers be changed to be *not*
'Same as previous'? (I know how to turn 'Same as Previous' off once the
section is created - how do I change the default for newly created
sections?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PEVA

Ummm - that's not the way it's working here. Regardless of what you do prior
to inserting new section, new headers and footers always link to previous - I
just tried it to confirm. I've never seen it work any other way on any
version of Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you unlink section 2 from section 1, new sections that are subsequently
created should also be unlinked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PEVA

That would proably work. Not sure it would be worth the trouble of
creating/invoking a macro - but I'lll give it some thought. Changeable
defaults would be nice.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You could use a macro to insert the Section Break and turn off the "Same as
Previous" for all headers and footers in the new section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PEVA" wrote in message
news
Can the default for new section headers and footers be changed to be *not*
'Same as previous'? (I know how to turn 'Same as Previous' off once the
section is created - how do I change the default for newly created
sections?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Greg

It isnt' that much trouble:

Sub InsertSectionBreak()
Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakNextPage
With Selection.Sections(1)
With .PageSetup
.DifferentFirstPageHeaderFooter = True
.OddAndEvenPagesHeaderFooter = True
End With
.Headers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).LinkToPrevious = False
.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).LinkToPrevious = False
.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).LinkToPrevious = False
.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).LinkToPrevious = False
.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).LinkToPrevious = False
.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).LinkToPrevious = False
End With
End Sub