Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gary Burton

Default Lines look skinney, but print big and fat.

I created a lot of lines across the page in my documents by inputing 3
or mor underscores, then hitting the enter key. These lines are acutally
the bottom side of an outside border. They look perfect on the screen, and
also when I do a print preview. When I actually print them, however, those
lines come out about 4 points fatter than they apprear on the screen or in
the preview. It also happens when I create a PDF file from theWord
document. It is a very obvious difference, and I haven't been able to find
a solution. Is there any way to prevent (or fix) this problem?

--
Gary Burton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Word Heretic

G'day "Gary Burton" ,

Stick the cursor on the paragraph that is underlined. Format
Paragraph Borders :- the bottom border of this paragraph has been
set to fat for your liking.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Gary Burton reckoned:

I created a lot of lines across the page in my documents by inputing 3
or mor underscores, then hitting the enter key. These lines are acutally
the bottom side of an outside border. They look perfect on the screen, and
also when I do a print preview. When I actually print them, however, those
lines come out about 4 points fatter than they apprear on the screen or in
the preview. It also happens when I create a PDF file from theWord
document. It is a very obvious difference, and I haven't been able to find
a solution. Is there any way to prevent (or fix) this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gary Burton

I was aware of how to make each individual line thinner, but I was
hoping for a way to set it globally. I have hundreds of those fat lines.

I am also very curious as to why the lines don't look fat on either the
screen display or the print preview. Do you have any feedback on that?

"Word Heretic" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Gary

Gary Burton wrote:
I was aware of how to make each individual line thinner, but I was
hoping for a way to set it globally. I have hundreds of those fat lines.

Well, that would certainly have been good to mention. :-)

You can certainly loop through a document with, i.e., VBA and change the
width of such lines in one go. If you need help for that, one of the
..vba groups might be a good place to look for and maybe ask.

I am also very curious as to why the lines don't look fat on either the
screen display or the print preview. Do you have any feedback on that?

Screen resolution and printer resolution differ greatly. On screen, you
have something between 70-90 dpi, on a printer, you may have a lot more.
Also, on paper you see (most usually) 100%, while on screen you may
reasonably zoom a document between 50-200+%.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS