Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
GwenP

Default Track changes showing formatting

I have a user who swears she unticks the formatting in the show track changes
when she prints.

Very often it actually still prints the formatting changes.
Is this possible or has anyone else even come across this.

Thanks
GwenP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

What option does the user untick? As far as I know, it isn't possible
to prevent Word from tracking formatting changes; it either tracks all
changes or no changes at all.

If the user is trying to print markup, but not formatting changes, she
could accept (or reject) the formatting change before printing.

If the user doesn't want to print the markup at all (but keep it in
the file), she should choose to print "Document" in the Print dialog
box.

For more, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GwenP" wrote in message
I have a user who swears she unticks the formatting in the show

track changes
when she prints.

Very often it actually still prints the formatting changes.
Is this possible or has anyone else even come across this.

Thanks
GwenP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
GwenP

Thats what I'm saying - she swears she has deselected formatting every time
but very often it still prints the formatting changes when all they want are
the deletions, insertions and comments?

"GwenP" wrote in message
I have a user who swears she unticks the formatting in the show

track changes
when she prints.

Very often it actually still prints the formatting changes.
Is this possible or has anyone else even come across this.

Thanks
GwenP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
GwenP

They untick the show formatting just before they print and then say quite
regularly that the formatting changes still print! Not sure but I suppose
its possible that somewhere along the line the click on the tick box has not
been actioned somewhere deep in the programming?

"GwenP" wrote in message
I have a user who swears she unticks the formatting in the show

track changes
when she prints.

Very often it actually still prints the formatting changes.
Is this possible or has anyone else even come across this.

Thanks
GwenP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

I see. I wasn't aware that the Reviewing toolbar offers more control
than the Track Changes tab of ToolsOptions. Thank you for clarifying
this!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Word 2002 and 2003, Formatting can be deselected from the Show

menu on
the Reviewing toolbar. If not displayed, these balloons will not

print.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"GwenP" wrote in message
I have a user who swears she unticks the formatting in the show

track changes
when she prints.

Very often it actually still prints the formatting changes.
Is this possible or has anyone else even come across this.

Thanks
GwenP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

I'm not sure what could be causing this. One possibility (though from
your description it seems less likely) is that the "Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving" option in ToolsOptions, Security tab
is hecked. If it is, make sure to clear it.

See the note in this article:

About displaying tracked changes and comments

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP