Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rolf

Default How do I place or anchor a table in the bottom of a page?

I want to lock a table to the lowest possible position on a page. If the
table increase in number of rows I still wnt it to be at the bottom of a page
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I place or anchor a table in the bottom of a page?

Here's how you can anchor a table to the bottom of a page in Microsoft Word:
  1. Place your cursor at the beginning of the row that you want to anchor to the bottom of the page.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Table" section of the ribbon, click on the "Properties" button.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  5. Check the box next to "Specify height" and set the height to "Exactly" and enter the desired height for the row.
  6. Under "Row height is," select "At least."
  7. Check the box next to "Allow row to break across pages" to ensure that the table will continue onto the next page if it exceeds the current page.
  8. Click on the "Options" button.
  9. In the "Cell Options" dialog box, click on the "Vertical alignment" tab.
  10. Under "Vertical alignment," select "Bottom."
  11. Click "OK" to close the "Cell Options" dialog box.
  12. Click "OK" to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.

Your table should now be anchored to the bottom of the page. If you add or remove rows from the table, the table will adjust accordingly but will remain anchored to the bottom of the page.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc

Rolf,
Go to Table - Table properties - table tab - change the table wrapping from
none to wrapped - click on the placement button (not sure about the wording
here, but there is only one in that section so) - now you can set the
horizontal and vertical position of the table using the margins.
Does this help?
--
Luc Sanders (MVP - Powerpoint)
"Rolf" schreef in bericht
I want to lock a table to the lowest possible position on a page. If the
table increase in number of rows I still wnt it to be at the bottom of a
page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jo Jo is offline

I find a section break automatically appears after the table (eg new page).
This is easy to get rid of but, for the sake of a template to be used
hundreds of times, I'd love to know how to stop it happening. Any clues?

"Luc" wrote:

Rolf,
Go to Table - Table properties - table tab - change the table wrapping from
none to wrapped - click on the placement button (not sure about the wording
here, but there is only one in that section so) - now you can set the
horizontal and vertical position of the table using the margins.
Does this help?
--
Luc Sanders (MVP - Powerpoint)
"Rolf" schreef in bericht
I want to lock a table to the lowest possible position on a page. If the
table increase in number of rows I still wnt it to be at the bottom of a
page

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How are you inserting the table? Normally you wouldn't get a section break
when you insert a table (you would, however, get a *paragraph mark* which
would *sometimes* result in a new page being added; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP