Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
will~

Default How to use mailmerge feature to generate report? (i.e. SQL statem

I would like to generate a report in word by retrieve data from an external
data source. (mysql database). I have successfully establish connection to
this data source and by using mail merge I could retrieve the data for "one
table" only.

The problem is that the report require data more than one tables, and I may
need to join and query the tables for some of the reports, but I does not
know how to select more than one table with mailmerge.

Please advice how I could achieve this, could I use SQL statement to query
the database and then use mailmerge to compose the report (by choosing the
field names). I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and Word 2003 SP2, MySQL data
source.

Many thanks in advance,

William

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

A reply was already posted to a duplicate of this question, in another group.
Mailmerge can link to only one data source. Use a query to bring the
information from multiple tables together, then link to that query as the data
source.

I would like to generate a report in word by retrieve data from an external
data source. (mysql database). I have successfully establish connection to
this data source and by using mail merge I could retrieve the data for "one
table" only.

The problem is that the report require data more than one tables, and I may
need to join and query the tables for some of the reports, but I does not
know how to select more than one table with mailmerge.

Please advice how I could achieve this, could I use SQL statement to query
the database and then use mailmerge to compose the report (by choosing the
field names). I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and Word 2003 SP2, MySQL data
source.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org