Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pcakes

Default Zip Codes showing as 0

I have done a mail merge from an Excell file creating mailing labels, on the
screen I can see the zipcodes, however when I print them several of the
zipcodes show up as 0 (zero). Can you explain why this is, and propose an
answer.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

I assume this is Word 2002/3? From the Tools menu in Word, select Options
and then go to the General tab and check the box against the "Confirm
conversions at open" item. Then when you attach the data source to the mail
merge main document, you will be given the option of using the DDE method of
connection which should read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm