Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
homeologica

Default How to avoid manual paragraph marks once and again

I'm finishing a chinese -spanish dictionary in which exists the following
structure.

Title Generic Sound.
Title2 Equivalents Sounds.

Row1 NumberOfWord
Row2 NameOfWord - SoundOfWord - InformationOnThisWord
Row3 FirstMeaningOfThisWord
Row4 OtherMeaningOfThisWord1
Row5 OtherMeaningOfThisWord2
etc.

I'm using a Visual Foxpro database with all these information and write a
program which create a RTF file with this structure.

The page layout have 2 columns. Sometimes a page or column begins with
Title2, Row1, Row2 in these cases I must uses manual paragraph marks to put
Title1 row as the first desplacing formers rows. These situation had been
repeated many times. This dictionary has almost 700 pages.

How Can I avoid this? Perhaps there are a way to create blocks using some
nobreak mark.

Thanks.

Alejandro Fernandez

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi all

Jezebel wrote:
Define the styles with judicious use of 'Keep with next' set or cleared.

[..]
I'm finishing a chinese -spanish dictionary in which exists the following
structure.

Title Generic Sound.
Title2 Equivalents Sounds.

Row1 NumberOfWord
Row2 NameOfWord - SoundOfWord - InformationOnThisWord
Row3 FirstMeaningOfThisWord
Row4 OtherMeaningOfThisWord1
Row5 OtherMeaningOfThisWord2
etc.

Hmm, that would work only if the very last line of each entry has not
set this property, right? Though, if the stuff comes out of a DB, it
should be possible to set it or (preferably) use a style which has it
not set, in contrast to the other styles.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS