cckclark

Default mail merge from excel

Good morning

I am having trouble merging from excel to word. Some of the text from excel
when merged to word is missing. It recognises the correct column to find the
data but does not pick it all up. i.e. It only shows some of the text that it
is picking up. It is cutting my paragraphs in half. Is there a limit on the
amount of characters that can move across from each cell?

Thank you for your help, I am struggling with this one...
Doug Robbins

255 characters is a limit.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"cckclark" wrote in message
Good morning

I am having trouble merging from excel to word. Some of the text from
excel
when merged to word is missing. It recognises the correct column to find
the
data but does not pick it all up. i.e. It only shows some of the text that
it
is picking up. It is cutting my paragraphs in half. Is there a limit on
the
amount of characters that can move across from each cell?

Thank you for your help, I am struggling with this one...

cckclark

Thanks for the reply. If you open the data source via DDE as an .xls, the
character limit seems to disappear. Not sure why but it works.

Chris

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

255 characters is a limit.

consulting basis.