Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Searcher_5

Default TAble of contents formatting

In a long word XP document I created a TOC based on styles. Is there an
option to change the formatting of the TOC without effecting the styles
of the Headings?
I would like to change the style of Heading-1-items to bold in the TOC
without effecting the real heading in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

The formatting of the TOC entries is entirely independent of the formatting
of your heading styles. Note that I say "styles" because your TOC entries
*will* inherit any direct font formatting applied to heading paragraphs. You
can modify the heading paragraphs to have any style you like. Because they
are set to update automatically, changes in paragraph format made to one
entry will be propagated to all the other entries at that level (because the
style itself is updated); this doesn't seem to happen as reliably for font
formatting, so you will probably have to modify the style directly. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

oups.com...