Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui

Default REPEAT FIELD IN HEADER

This is similar to the previous post and I wonder if anyone can offer
any help. Our users fill out a letter template using text form
fields. The 'form' is not protected and they use the F11 key to move
thruogh the fields. I would like one the first field of the address
(name of recipient) to be repeated in the header which appears when/if
the letter goes to more than one page - so that the header on page 2
and subsquent contains the same name as in line 1 of the address. I
looked at other postings but the only thing mentioning headers is using
the styleref field and I don't really understand it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

1. Open the template file as a document (via File | Open). Create a
paragraph style for the name, and apply it only to the location where
the name should be typed.

2. Click Page Setup on the File menu. In the Page Setup dialog box,
click the Layout tab. Enable the "Different first page" option. Click
OK.

3. Insert a page break (temporarily, so that you can see the second
page of the template).

4. Display the header. Press Ctrl+F9 to insert field delimiters, {};
within these, type STYLEREF "name_of_style_here". In other words, you
now have: { STYLEREF "name_of_style_here" }. Press F9 to display the
field result.

5. Remove the page break.

6. Save the template file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jacqui" wrote in message
oups.com...
This is similar to the previous post and I wonder if anyone can

offer
any help. Our users fill out a letter template using text form
fields. The 'form' is not protected and they use the F11 key to move
thruogh the fields. I would like one the first field of the

address
(name of recipient) to be repeated in the header which appears

when/if
the letter goes to more than one page - so that the header on page 2
and subsquent contains the same name as in line 1 of the address.

looked at other postings but the only thing mentioning headers is

using
the styleref field and I don't really understand it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui

Thank you so much - this works beautifully!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

Glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jacqui" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you so much - this works beautifully!