Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lucy in the sky

Default Applying style/font with manual formatting from a source table

1. Doc1 contains an Table1, with a header and a data row. Each cells in
Table1 has different style/font formatting, manual or predefined. Table1
itself may have been auto-formatted, but could also contain manual formatting
as well.

2. During an automated process, some tab-separated data will be converted
into a Table2 via .ConvertToTable() function.

3. May I know how can I apply the exact style/formatting from Table1 to
Table2? Speed is the key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?THVjeSBpbiB0aGUgc2t5?=,

1. Doc1 contains an Table1, with a header and a data row. Each cells in
Table1 has different style/font formatting, manual or predefined. Table1
itself may have been auto-formatted, but could also contain manual formatting
as well.

2. During an automated process, some tab-separated data will be converted
into a Table2 via .ConvertToTable() function.

3. May I know how can I apply the exact style/formatting from Table1 to
Table2? Speed is the key.

Speed is something you can't expect. You'd need to "walk" every cell in Table1
and query each and every type of format you're interested in, applying it then
to Table2. For what you describe there are no "short cuts".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

If (and it's a big "if"...) you can accomplish your formatting requirements
with a Table Style, then you can do this with a single click by applying
your chosen Table Style to your new table.

However, Table Styles are very complex collections of multiple types of
formatting, and they are not totally flexible.

Look up Table Styles in the Help, and see if you can create one that will do
what you want. If not, you're back to what Cindy says: you have to do it
cell by cell, setting every property of every object in every cell.

Cheers

On 18/5/06 7:55 PM, in article
, "Lucy in the sky" Lucy
in the
wrote:

1. Doc1 contains an Table1, with a header and a data row. Each cells in
Table1 has different style/font formatting, manual or predefined. Table1
itself may have been auto-formatted, but could also contain manual formatting
as well.

2. During an automated process, some tab-separated data will be converted
into a Table2 via .ConvertToTable() function.

3. May I know how can I apply the exact style/formatting from Table1 to
Table2? Speed is the key.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410