Eve

Default Taking addresses from Word to Excel

I've inherited a list of addresses saved in Microsoft Word and I want to
import them to excel with separated fields (i.e., city in one column, zip in
another). Is there any way to tell Word that each line of the three line
addresses is a separate field?
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm Jump in at the
place that matches your document and leave at the point where it is a table,
which you can copy to Excel.

Eve wrote:
I've inherited a list of addresses saved in Microsoft Word and I want
to import them to excel with separated fields (i.e., city in one
column, zip in another). Is there any way to tell Word that each
line of the three line addresses is a separate field?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Convert Labels into Mailmerge Datafile" article on fellow MVP
Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Eve" wrote in message
I've inherited a list of addresses saved in Microsoft Word and I want to
import them to excel with separated fields (i.e., city in one column, zip
in
another). Is there any way to tell Word that each line of the three line
addresses is a separate field?

Eve

The posts from Graham and Doug were fabulously helpful!
I had found another great post from John Nurick, that works well, but the
visuals in the link provided will be excellent for my co-workers.
Thank you!
Eve
P.S: Sorry to have you re-answer a possibly oft-answered question. I tried
to search for the answer but couldn't seem to come up with the right phrasing
to find my answer.