lost in cincy

Default Word 2000 vs 2003

I previously used Word 6.0 (dinosaur), and have been thrown into Word 2003.
I'm interested in taking a class on mail merge, but all that is offered is
Word 2000. How different or similar are the two systems?? Would I be
wasting my money??

lost in cincy

I have visted this site previously. However, in this instance I did not find
the answer to my question. I know how to do a mail merge, but I need more
"training" on formating the documents, using "if statements" and includuing
text, etc. Will Word 2000 be comparable to what I'm currently using in Word
2003???

lost in cincy wrote:
I previously used Word 6.0 (dinosaur), and have been thrown into Word
2003. I'm interested in taking a class on mail merge, but all that is
offered is Word 2000. How different or similar are the two systems??
Would I be wasting my money??

Graham Mayor

The actual business of merging, formatting and using conditional statements
is no different between the versions. If you already know how to format a
merge document, you will have no difficulty. It is primarily the connection
method to the data, which requires Word to provide the formatting (though
this is not insurmountable) and the different interfaces, which the quoted
article addresses. I have more information about fields on my web site -
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm which you should find
useful. If you have any specific problem regarding the use of fields etc
then you can always ask it here in the ng.

lost in cincy wrote:
I previously used Word 6.0 (dinosaur), and have been thrown into
Word 2003. I'm interested in taking a class on mail merge, but all
that is offered is Word 2000. How different or similar are the two
systems?? Would I be wasting my money??

lost in cincy

OK-Here is my problem... I have a word document (ex. pleading 1)that I have
formatted. Within the document I have included another document (pleading
caption). The formatting in the 'pleading caption' document is not correct.
I need some of the information to be centered and some to be left justified.
I have tried to make the necessary corrections numerous different ways, but
the changes are not saved.
How do make the changes in the included document (pleading caption) and make
sure the changes are saved and to make sure the changes are reflected in the
main document (pleading 1)