BlueWomabt

Default Merge groups in large list to separate files

I have a very large list that includes department names that I want to
merge each department's letters into a separate file. Thus, each
merged department document could be emailed separately. The question
is how can I merge the document and have the merge saved to a new file
each time the department name changes? Ideally, I would like the file
name to be based on the department name.

I've done work with macros similar to this before, but it's been years
and I'm a bit rusty.

Doug Robbins

Probably the easiest way for you to do this would be to perform a separate
mailmerge for each department.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP