d291173

Default How do I revert to the first record in a merge document in Word?

I am doing a merge document in Word, in which I need to use the same merge
data in more than one instance. I need to know how to return to the start of
the merge data for the second (and subsequent uses) of it in my document.
Doug Robbins

It is not possible to move backwards through the data source. Explain in
more detail just what you are trying to do and we might be able to suggest a
way of doing it.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"d291173" wrote in message
I am doing a merge document in Word, in which I need to use the same merge
data in more than one instance. I need to know how to return to the start
of
the merge data for the second (and subsequent uses) of it in my document.

d291173

I'm merging from a list in a spreadsheet. At the beginning of the document, I
want to reference a couple of fields as a sort of an extract, which can be
used to refer to a later part of the document which holds more detailed
information (ie more fields from the spreadsheet)

Put simply, I want to merge a limited number of fields from all records
early in the document and then a larger proportion later.

Does this help?

"d291173" wrote in message
I am doing a merge document in Word, in which I need to use the same merge
data in more than one instance. I need to know how to return to the start
of
the merge data for the second (and subsequent uses) of it in my document.

Doug Robbins

You have not explained why all the fields cannot be merged at the one time.
It would help if you gave a more complete description of the initial fields
and their purpose and of the later fields and their purpose. Or are you
talking about a "multiple items per condition" type application?

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

It is not possible to move backwards through the data source. Explain in
more detail just what you are trying to do and we might be able to
suggest a
way of doing it.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP