Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui Jacqui is offline

Default Adding macros to new menu

I;ve already posted this to other forums but with no results - can
anyone here help?

I've created a new menu on my template called macros. In there I have
listed various macros which I want our users to be able to use. After

adding the macro, I go into 'reorganise' to rename the macros into
proper english, ie so the users are simply clicking on the option to
follow an instruction but they're actually running a macro. My problem

is when I am in the 'reorganise commands' dialogoe and am adding macros

to my new menu, it is very difficult to actually see the macros listed.

Becaue of the long names, ie templateproject etc only the first couple
of characters of what the macro actually is is visible. This is making

this task long and tedious. Am I missing something here - is there a

better way to do this? Any tips very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jonathan West Jonathan West is offline

"Jacqui" wrote in message
oups.com...
I;ve already posted this to other forums but with no results - can
anyone here help?

I've created a new menu on my template called macros. In there I have
listed various macros which I want our users to be able to use. After

adding the macro, I go into 'reorganise' to rename the macros into
proper english, ie so the users are simply clicking on the option to
follow an instruction but they're actually running a macro. My problem

is when I am in the 'reorganise commands' dialogoe and am adding macros

to my new menu, it is very difficult to actually see the macros listed.

Becaue of the long names, ie templateproject etc only the first couple
of characters of what the macro actually is is visible. This is making

this task long and tedious. Am I missing something here - is there a

better way to do this? Any tips very much appreciated.

Open your template, and open the VBA editor.
In the editor, click on and select "TemplateProject" in the pane on the top
left.
The properties of the project will now be in the Properties pane on the
bottom left.
There sill be only one property listed - "(Name)", and it is set to
TemplateProject. Change it to some very short name - just 2 or 3 characters.

Now, when you look at macro names in the Tools Customize dialog, you will be
able to see much more because the project name isn't taking up most of the
space.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui Jacqui is offline

Fantastic - thanks Jonathan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui Jacqui is offline

Fantastic - thanks Jonathan.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Sue Godwin Sue Godwin is offline

Presumably you are adding the macros to the new menu through the Tools menu
"Customize" option.

If when adding, you right-click on the name, you ill see the name and you
can delete the words from there.

To alter once they are on the menu bar, select Customize, go to the menu bar
required, select the item you want, right-click and do the same as advised
above.

Then close out after you have made all your alterations.