Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dudley Henriques Dudley Henriques is offline

Default Question about Tables

I have Word 2000 and have made a document using tables for my personal codes
and passwords used on the computer.
This document is 5 colums wide and uses as many rows as needed to fill a
page. Then it goes on to the next page in the same format.
I'd like to remove the table outlines and revert this document to a straight
page written format.
I've tried several ways to do this by making a copy of the pages and working
with the borders and shading and table delete tabs with no real luck.
Can someone please give me the exact path to simply get rid of all the lines
that make up the tables on this document so I then can see what's written
there without the tables being visible?
Many thanks. I know its simple, but for some reason I'm just missing
something in the correct path to accomplish this.
Dudley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you just want to get rid of the lines, then click somewhere in
the table, click on Table | Select | Table, click on Format |
Borders and Shading | Borders tab | Setting: None | OK.

Dudley Henriques wrote:

I have Word 2000 and have made a document using tables for my personal codes
and passwords used on the computer.
This document is 5 colums wide and uses as many rows as needed to fill a
page. Then it goes on to the next page in the same format.
I'd like to remove the table outlines and revert this document to a straight
page written format.
I've tried several ways to do this by making a copy of the pages and working
with the borders and shading and table delete tabs with no real luck.
Can someone please give me the exact path to simply get rid of all the lines
that make up the tables on this document so I then can see what's written
there without the tables being visible?
Many thanks. I know its simple, but for some reason I'm just missing
something in the correct path to accomplish this.
Dudley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you truly want just to get rid of the lines, you need to do 2 actions.
Use Format, Borders and Shading and select No Borders. Then go to the Table
menu and click on Hide Gridlines. (Gridlines are just the feint lines
indicating the cell limits and are non-printing lines whereas Borders are
the cell limits that are formatted to print.)

If you now don't want a table at all, follow Suzanne's advice.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dudley Henriques Dudley Henriques is offline

Many thanks

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Dudley Henriques wrote:

I have Word 2000 and have made a document using tables for my personal
codes and passwords used on the computer.
This document is 5 colums wide and uses as many rows as needed to fill a
page. Then it goes on to the next page in the same format.
I'd like to remove the table outlines and revert this document to a
straight page written format.
I've tried several ways to do this by making a copy of the pages and
working with the borders and shading and table delete tabs with no real
luck.
Can someone please give me the exact path to simply get rid of all the
lines that make up the tables on this document so I then can see what's
written there without the tables being visible?
Many thanks. I know its simple, but for some reason I'm just missing
something in the correct path to accomplish this.
Dudley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dudley Henriques Dudley Henriques is offline

Thank you very much

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Table | Convert | Table to Text.

so