Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Simon L Simon L is offline

Default I turned my printer back on,it does not print

my printer was left off for a while. I tried to use it and it won't work.
When I click on find printer it says directory service is unavailable.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This has nothing to do with Word, however reinstalling the printer driver
should help.

Simon L wrote:
my printer was left off for a while. I tried to use it and it won't
work. When I click on find printer it says directory service is
unavailable.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shanks Shanks is offline

Verify that your printer is properly connected to your printer port.
Note that the cable must be seated properly in the printer port on your
computer and at the printer.

Verify that your printer has paper (or other appropriate printing
media) available, and that it is not jamming the printer.

Verify that your printer contains a sufficient supply of ink or toner
to work properly.

If your printer has an online/offline setting or button, verify that
your printer is online.

Reset your printer by turning it off and then turning it back on after
5 to 10 seconds. Many printing problems are the result of your printer
memory being full.

Verify that you have followed all of the installation instructions
provided by your printer manufacturer.

If your printer documentation includes any troubleshooting information,
perform those troubleshooting steps.

If possible, perform a self-test on the printer. These
"self-diagnostic" tools can often resolve or diagnose basic issues with
your hardware. The method for performing a self-test is different for
different printers, and you should view your printer documentation for
instructions about how to do so.

--
Shanks
Shanks's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4649