Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui Jacqui is offline

Default Macro to help with reformatting

I am reformatting a lot of documents from our old style to new. I am
repeatedly opening the organiser, copying the styles over from our
global template into the existing template, then searching and
replacing for normal and replacing it with my new body text style. I
tried to record a macro for this but can only manage to get it to work
for the existing template name. Any tips on how to amend this macro and
replace the existing template with Active Document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Jacqui:

First, change your approach:

1) Attach the global template to each document with Automatically Update
Styles on Open switched ON,

2) Re-attach the template and this time switch Automatically update styles
OFF

3) The run your search replace.

Record that much, then edit the macro and replace the document name with
"ActiveDocument.FullName " (no quotes).

If you run into trouble, post the code (as text) and we'll fix it for you.

Cheers

On 19/10/06 6:29 PM, in article
, "Jacqui"
wrote:

I am reformatting a lot of documents from our old style to new. I am
repeatedly opening the organiser, copying the styles over from our
global template into the existing template, then searching and
replacing for normal and replacing it with my new body text style. I
tried to record a macro for this but can only manage to get it to work
for the existing template name. Any tips on how to amend this macro and
replace the existing template with Active Document?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410