Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
specialrider specialrider is offline

Default continuous breaks acting like next page breaks in Word 2003...

I have section contiuous breaks in my document. When I add a comment to the
document, the continuous breaks act like section next page breaks. They still
appear on the document as continuous breaks, but act like next page breaks.
Does anyone know how to avoid this, or what is causing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

This behavior is known with footnotes (see €œSection break causes an
unexpected page break in Word€ at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074), but I hadn't heard of its being
triggered by comments.

"specialrider" wrote in message
I have section contiuous breaks in my document. When I add a comment to

the
document, the continuous breaks act like section next page breaks. They

still
appear on the document as continuous breaks, but act like next page

breaks.
Does anyone know how to avoid this, or what is causing it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

There seem to be some coding overlaps between footnotes and comments--e.g.,
you can't add comments to a footnote--you couldn't bring up both the
comments and footnotes pane in Normal View in older versions--so that may be
possible.

On 11/3/06 11:43 AM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This behavior is known with footnotes (see ³Section break causes an
unexpected page break in Word² at

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
oo7Donna oo7Donna is offline

specialrider;3922651 Wrote:
I have section contiuous breaks in my document. When I add a comment to
the
document, the continuous breaks act like section next page breaks. They
still
appear on the document as continuous breaks, but act like next page
breaks.
Does anyone know how to avoid this, or what is causing it?

I had the same problem in 2003 when the continuous section break code
and comment was inserted after a table, ClipART object, object... The
workaround is press return in front of the continuous section break
code and continue typing text or continue inserting comments into your
document.

I hope this helps!

--
oo7Donna
oo7Donna's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4978

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
specialrider specialrider is offline

I tried the fix suggested in the link you posted but this did not work.

By the way, this is word 2003.