Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ardell Ardell is offline

Default TOA disappears when regenerating TOC

We have Word 2003 document with a Table of Contents and a Table of
Authority. When we regenerate the TOC using the option to Update Entire
Table, the TOA disappears. However if we choose "Update Page Numbers Only"
the TOA remains okay. What is happening here?
Thanks
Ardell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

You probably inserted the TOA field inside the TOC field. Press Alt+F9
to switch to display of field codes. For the TOC field, you should see
something like:

{ TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u }

and my guess is that buried somewhere between the pair of curly braces
for the TOC field are another pair of curly braces for the TOA field.
Just move the TOA field outside of the TOC field braces.

Header disappears!! Wong Page Layout 1 December 14th 06 03:32 AM
menubar disappears raj Microsoft Word Help 0 November 16th 05 08:47 AM
Template disappears Jill D Microsoft Word Help 3 November 16th 05 01:51 AM
Clipboard item disappears when loading Word Nick Cellino New Users 5 October 18th 05 01:16 AM
My equation editor disappears when I try to use it! Topcat Microsoft Word Help 6 October 9th 05 12:55 PM