Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Wyel Wyel is offline

Default Need a rock-solid, plain vanilla format

I use WORD 2003 on an XP Pro system for documents that must be emailed
in RTF format.

I need WORD to open with no widow/orphan control ever, 25 consistent
lines per page, and one inch margins all around, and a simple header. I
can set the format to these requirements, but the widow/orphan control
doesn't hold.

The widow/orphan control (the default is on) kicks in on different
pages. I've tried blocking the entire document, then turning the widow
control off, but even that is not reliable. I'm doing something wrong.

Can it be the conversion to RTF that messes the format up?

It's inconvenient to have to jump back and forth between word
processors. If I could rely on the formatting, I would switch and write
the documents in WORD from the beginning. Instead, because I cannot, I
use another word processor--one I've used for years and know well--for
composition and then save it in RTF.

Boxer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Wyel,

Open the template, then use Format|Styles to make sure widow/orphan control is off for the styles being used in the documents based
on that template. Then save the updated template.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

plain text format Joanne New Users 7 June 26th 06 07:01 AM
How can I change format color in WORD from shading to solid color jdavids Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 06 02:28 PM
Mailmerge date format Ocean Mailmerge 5 April 9th 06 06:28 PM
"Char" is shown in Format list as para format for ALL styles. Sherry Microsoft Word Help 1 September 2nd 05 08:05 PM