Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word
PB PB is offline

Default Tabs (& dot leader) not automatically added for certain TOC entries

Hello, I am working with a document in Word 2003. I have a table of
contents, table of tables, table of figures, etc, etc. In the main TOC
I have a custom heading style (called "Page Title" -- it basically
looks just like a Heading 1 but without the autonumber, I use it for
stuff like the TOC page, Change/Review Page, etc--stuff that needs to
be described, but doesn't really fit into the main flow and
structure). This style is added to the TOC as a TOC 1 (top level) TOC
entry.

When I update my TOC, any entries with this style do not have the dot
leader--instead just the paragraph (heading) text and then the page
number. I can place the cursor between the two and manually add a tab,
but I'd rather see what's wrong in the first place and fix it if
possible, to make it easier for someone else to maintain the document
if need be.

Thanks for your help.
PB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word

If they're formatted with TOC 1, then the entries should look the same as
any other TOC 1 entries. Does selecting an entry and pressing Ctrl+Q have
any effect?

oups.com...